About the Post

Author Information

Jennifer is Co-host of The Story of Liberty Radio Broadcast, video editor and creator, blogger & Web designer for the Story of Liberty. TheStoryofLiberty.net

pk

“Eventually we do have a problem. That the population is getting older, health care costs are rising…there is this question of how we’re going to pay for the programs. The year 2025, the year 2030, something is going to have to give…. …. We’re going to need more revenue…Surely it will require some sort of middle class taxes as well.. We won’t be able to pay for the kind of government the society will want without some increase in taxes… on the middle class, maybe a value added tax…And we’re also going to have to make decisions about health care, doc pay for health care that has no demonstrated medical benefits . So the snarky version…which I shouldn’t even say because it will get me in trouble is death panels and sales taxes is how we do this.”

Read more here

CAUGHT ON TAPE: Paul Krugman On How To Pay For Entitlement Programs: “Death Panels And Sales Taxes Is How We Do This”…

Thank you to: http://redflagnews.com/headlines/caught-on-tape-paul-krugman-on-how-to-pay-for-entitlement-programs-death-panels-and-sales-taxes-is-how-we-do-this

Capturej

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments on “CAUGHT ON TAPE: Paul Krugman On How To Pay For Entitlement Programs: “Death Panels And Sales Taxes Is How We Do This”…”

1. Barbara Porter February 6, 2013 at 7:37 pm #

So, me in my 70’s who has worked since age 12, paid taxes every year, will have a death panel determine what medical services I can have., How dare you!! I’ve also paid for health insurance for over 50 years, and only recently have used their services. i am an active senior citizen, volunteering anywhere that I’m needed, asking nothing but to let me live in peace, but you say I can’t???? How dare you?

• Dan Vasquez (@danthemanvsqz) February 9, 2013 at 4:29 am #

We’ve had death panels for years, they’re called insurance adjusters.

• calworthingtonIV February 9, 2013 at 6:34 am #

frankly you’ll get the same crappy care you’ve always had. we’ll take comfort that you will be long dead before any changes take place.

2. yongbo February 6, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

Krugman…watch your mouth and better straighten out your thinking….

3. Tom Martin February 8, 2013 at 4:10 am #

So at what point do the obama bots admit they have been lied to like the rest of us already know?

• Larry Secrist February 8, 2013 at 5:03 pm #

when they are asked to pay the price

4. Linda February 8, 2013 at 6:41 pm #

My MS meds would be out of the question!

5. Chris February 8, 2013 at 9:25 pm #

Obviously none of you know what the word snarky means.
    Death panels aren’t actually death panels. They are panels that look for ways to cut costs.

• Jennifer Featherstone February 10, 2013 at 4:51 am #

He said “I will get in trouble for saying this.” How would saying cutting administrative or function costs get him in trouble? That does not even make sense.

The “cutting costs” equates to deciding who wont get treatment. As in who will be chosen to live and who to die. This much is obvious.

6. kansascase February 11, 2013 at 5:32 am #

Oh No — Now you got my Dad involved. He will be writing his little heart out – he has heart problems. And, you don’t use the word “entitlements” for Social Security or Medicare because they were paid by the employee and the employer – it is not an entitlement. I almost feel a little sorry for the guys that he will be writing to — or calling. He is one of those guys that can chew your butt out while smiling the entire time. He taught us all how to debate. He is a fighter too – another Puritan. As soon as we get Obama out of the way, I will be requesting a letter of resignation from every member of the Senate and House for “allowing” us to get into this “pickle” and I will do just exactly that. The more insidious will be informed that they were accomplices with Obama. If that information ever got out, 🙂 maybe we could get some of them to “retire early.” That way I may only have to send out 400 letters instead of almost 500. There is no doubt in my mind, that almost all of them are fully aware of their “future.” They are losing in the courts – I really like the Becket Fund for Religious Liberties – that is one fighting nun. I am so, so tired. I had just a wee bit of fun yesterday on Facebook – dedicated a song to Obama – you may not know it – too young – but, it is “They are coming to take me away, haha, haha, they are coming to take me away haha – to the funny farm where life is etc ….” Are you a web designer? I will be needing a web designer. I have my domain, logo, company, but can’t get past all the htlm – it is with iPage for the next couple of years. They use feeble weeble or something like that – I have found the WebPage program is actually easier, but, as you know I have time restraints, – there is a lot going on – some obvious, some not. The business is doing well … people like to see the word Christian, and I will tell you more thing more – and you probably know this. When I have on my favorite T-Shirts with the crosses, or a piece of jewelry with a cross, or anything like that, I feel so much better – calmer, relaxed, more peaceful. I suspect that happens to a lot of folks. And, then I can take on 500 representatives. Of course, some will think I am crazy or who does she think she is – I am only a citizen doing my job. If they did theirs, I would not have to do mine. Colonel West now has his wife onboard – she created a blog page. It was not something she wanted to do, but, then my husband isn’t too excited about it either. We are all just so crazy busy …