About the Post

Author Information

Jennifer is Co-host of The Story of Liberty Radio Broadcast, video editor and creator, blogger & Web designer for the Story of Liberty. TheStoryofLiberty.net

American Idol Producers Want Christian References Toned Down (Video & Article)

The Reagancoalition.com reported:

Colton Dixon, from Murfreesboro, Tennessee, is an American Idol contestant. And as reported by MSNBC Today, he has been told to tone his Christian references down if he wants to win.

Their view is that his spirituality and faith would turn people off. Here is what he has said to that.

“When we first started the Twitter and Facebook stuff, they said beware of political and religious tweets,”

“Being a Christian is who I am. It is a part of me musically. It is what I want to do after the show — go into Christian music.”

“I am not going to hide it, and I am not going to stray away from it just because I am on a TV show.”

On Facebook: “I am not of this world. We were created to spend eternity with the Lord. We all have purpose. No one is less important than the other. He died for YOU.”

“I wake up and I do devotional every morning. It reminds me why I am here, which is to share the love of God. I know there are several other contestants who can say the exact same thing. But it is a part of me and I want to share it — no matter what, good or bad outcome. It is me.”

Being true to himself is more important than winning.

A song about how much the Father loves us…

Advertisements

10 Comments on “American Idol Producers Want Christian References Toned Down (Video & Article)”

1. R W Dix March 24, 2012 at 2:57 am #

Absolutely wonderful. I am 74 years old and this is not normally my music, but, wow, this young man is in the Lords hands and is not afraid to show it. Love that Boy. He has my vote. Ron from New York

2. Joyce Schaefer March 24, 2012 at 3:11 am #

stay strong.

3. Jackie Hancock March 24, 2012 at 4:03 am #

I admire Colton for standing up for his beliefs and doing God’s will. Tell it like it is, Colton!!! Us Christians are behind u 100%. American Idol producers scare me with their attitude and ideas!!

4. Kevin Strickland March 24, 2012 at 4:05 am #

I applaud you, Colton. Their are too many so called Christians giving way to worldly views. I wonder bow many of them are American Idle producers? Their are far more Christians in America than any other faith. So, it stands to reason that if they continue theor push to tone of down, their ratings are going to tone down. Keep up the Lord’s work. The moral fabric of this nation, that was founded under God, is due for a wake up call. Christians have been too politically correct for too long. America needs stronger morals. America needs God.

5. Kevin Strickland March 24, 2012 at 4:10 am #

I applaud you, Colton. There are too many so called Christians giving way to worldly views. I wonder how many of them are American Idle producers? There are far more Christians in America than any other faith. So, it stands to reason that if they continue there push to tone you down, their ratings are going to tone down. Keep up the Lord’s work. The moral fabric of this nation, that was founded under God, is due for a wake up call. Christians have been too politically correct for too long. America needs stronger morals. America needs God.

6. Michael March 24, 2012 at 4:12 am #

He has my vote from now on as well.

7. Linda Holcombe March 24, 2012 at 4:56 am #

He is a beautiful singer and he knows how to deliver his songs. It isn’t right that they want him to not let people know he is a christian. It is part of who he is.
    That is the problem with our world to day. , they have and continue to leave God’s name and word out of our songs, schools and now this.
    Good for you Colton for standing up for what you beleive in. God has made you who you are today, never let anyone take that away from you. Keep your faith in the lord.

8. Cynthia March 24, 2012 at 5:30 am #

How refreshing to hear that this young Christian is not afraid to share his faith and be a witness to the world, wonderful! Keep your eyes on the Lord Colton! God bless you always!

9. Rose Marie March 24, 2012 at 6:04 pm #

Good for HIM!! Stand up for what you believe! God bless you

10. Susan Voyles March 27, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

Godspeed Colton! God Bless and use your music for his glory!!