Nancy Pelosi CNN Coverage 500 Million People Will Lose There Job Every Month
An issues statement from Pelosi’s office went after House Republicans for passing legislation that would “allegedly ‘destroy 2 million jobs,’“ and claimed that ”the Obamacare repeal bill alone would ‘destroy more than 300,000 jobs,’” reports Joel Gehrke of the Washington Examiner.
The statement reads:
Republicans have held the House majority for more than 230 days and here is their record:
- Have failed to pass a single piece of legislation to create jobs.
- Have actually voted to pass legislation that would destroy nearly 2 million jobs, including:
- Passed the “So Be It” spending bill to slash investments in our economic future like education, college aid, life-saving medical research, infrastructure, and clean energy, and cut 700,000 jobs.
- Passed a budget that would cost Americans 1.7 million jobs by 2014, with 900,000 jobs lost next year, according to Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics.
- Passed GOP Patients’ Rights Repeal bill puts insurance companies back in charge of health care and repeals the Affordable Care Act, thereby destroying more than 300,000 jobs.
- Have voted 10 times against Democratic initiatives or efforts to consider Democratic initiatives to create jobs, including:
- The China Currency bill that could help create about 1 million American manufacturing jobs.
- An American jobs effort to end government contracts rewarding corporations that ship American jobs overseas.
- A Build America Bonds proposal that leverages public dollars to strengthen the private sector, growing our economy by rebuilding America’s schools, hospitals, and transit projects.
But let’s go back to the “300,000″ jobs claim. There are a few points that should be made.