North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has died at the age of 69, state-run television has announced.
Mr Kim, who has led the communist nation since the death of his father in 1994, died on a train while visiting an area outside the capital, the announcement said.
North Korean TV Announces Kim Jong-il’s Death
State TV also announced that Kim Jong Eun will take over as leader. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204791104577107350219610874.html?mod=fox_australian
SEOUL, Dec. 19 (Yonhap) — North Korean leader Kim Jong-il, who ruled the communist nation with an iron fist while ceaselessly pursuing nuclear weapons programs, has died of a heart attack, state media said Monday. He was 69. Full story http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/
- National Assembly convenes emergency sessions over Kim’s death
- Death of N. Korean leader raises question on power succession
- President Lee puts all officials on emergency status after Kim’s death
- Obama notified of N. Korean leader’s death: White House
- Seoul shares down 3.1 pct following Kim Jong-il’s death
- IVI seeking to resume N. Korea program in near future
- Chronology of late North Korean leader Kim Jong-il
- U.S. gathering further information on reported death of Kim Jong-il: official